Lowcountry Giving Day is Here!
May 6, 2014
Be a part of this exciting day of giving back!
The College of Charleston is one of fifty local organizations invited to participate in a nation-wide day of giving back. Nationally known as Give Local America!, it is locally known as the Lowcountry Giving Day.
Donors provide $1 million incentive match!
Starting at midnight on May 6th, we have 24 hours to raise money for the College. We are competing with other schools like MUSC and The Citadel for additional funds from friends and supporters of the College, Anita Zucker and the Pearlstine family. They are providing an incentive match up to $1 million dollars, so let's make sure we get our fair share of the pie!
All donations made during this 24 hour time period must be made online through the donation form below or by visiting the Lowcountry Giving Day website in order to be "counted" in the competition and eligible for the incentive match.
Where your donation goes
Donations made on this day will go to support the College of Charleston Fund. The College of Charleston Fund is the lifeblood of the College and supports mission critical needs that help:
- The College enroll and retain the most promising students by providing much needed scholarship dollars.
- To ensure the quality of a College of Charleston education. Philanthropy provides support to recruit and retain the best and brightest faculty members, which directly impacts the CofC student experience.
- Provide funding for Alumni Association programs along with leadership and networking opportunities.
- Inspire others to give and creates a ripple effect (we call it the #Cougar Effect!). Alumni giving is a vote of confidence. Additional alumni and other donors (such as corporations and foundations) want to know they’re investing in an institution that has the support of its community.
Reasons to Support Us on Lowcountry Giving Day
- 1 million anonymous donor incentive
- 25 dollar minimum donation and..
- 54,000 living alumni, means...
- 1.3 million is possible for..
- scholarships, faculty recruitment, alumni leadership & networking opportunities, and immediate campus needs.
- Lift the Lowcountry