Bishop Robert Smith Society
The College of Charleston established the Bishop Robert Smith Society (BRSS) to recognize donors who have made lifetime philanthropic commitments of $1 million or greater to benefit the College.
The donor society is named after the Rev. Robert Smith, who was elected principal of the faculty – now known as president – in 1790. He served in this role until 1797 when he became the first Episcopal bishop of South Carolina. Smith helped build the College’s academic reputation, personally recruited students, and gave of his personal finances to ensure the College’s financial future.
Bishop Robert Smith Society donors are celebrated for their leadership and generosity with a personalized plaque on the BRSS donor wall in Randolph Hall, through an exclusive annual reception with the President and receiving special invitations to exclusive events at the College.
For information about the Bishop Robert Smith Society, please contact Carin Jorgensen at 843-953-5859 or email@example.com.