Annual Giving Programs
Support the areas of greatest need.
These gifts provide the College of Charleston the flexibility required to meet its most pressing needs and pursue meaningful opportunities each and every year. From scholarships to undergraduate research, to faculty and programs, annual giving has an impact on virtually everything and everyone at the College and collectively raises the College of Charleston’s margin of excellence.
Each year, CofC’s loyal alumni, parents, students, faculty, and staff support the College through gifts to the College of Charleston Fund or any of the College’s 13 annual giving impact funds. These vital, annual gifts support every student by bridging the gap between tuition revenue and the actual cost of providing an education.
Already decided you'd like to support the College's Annual Giving programs? There are several ways to do it:
Spotlight on CofC Fund
In 2012, the Alumni Association Board announced that the College of Charleston Fund was the primary channel for alumni giving. There are as many reasons to give to the College of Charleston Fund as there are donors.
- The College of Charleston Fund provides EDUCATIONAL ACCESS: Tuition only covers roughly half of the actual cost of educating a College of Charleston student. The support that the College of Charleston Fund provides each year is one of the primary philanthropic sources bridging the gap between what tuition provides and the College’s total operating budget.
- The College of Charleston Fund makes an IMMEDIATE IMPACT: Annual giving results in a substantial immediate impact on campus. Gifts go to work right away supporting students, faculty and alumni networking opportunities.
- The College of Charleston Fund demonstrates the ULTIMATE VOTE OF CONFIDENCE: You support the College's most valuable assets and greatest source of pride – our students, faculty and our alumni leaders. It is a vote of confidence in all the College stands for and everything it will become.
While there are countless reasons to give to the College of Charleston Fund, one thing holds true: at the CofC, your generosity has a deep and lasting impact on students' lives. No matter how large or small the donation — you can be sure that your gift will make a difference. Please donate to the CofC Fund today.
CofC Fund: 2014-15 Impact
- $1,034,099 total dollars raised
- 244 scholarships awarded
- 62% went to merit & need-based scholarships and awards
- 26% went to faculty and staff retention and immediate campus needs
- 12% went to alumni engagement