Pay it forward
You are one of more than 60,000 alumni in over 70 countries across the world who can call the College of Charleston their Alma Mater. You’re the lifeblood of our global university community and hold the power to make a real difference with your giving—at any level.
During your time at CofC, you benefited from the generosity of others, and now is a perfect time to pay it forward. The College depends on your support.
You may not be aware that:
- Thousands of students benefit from annual gifts. In fact, more than 73% of all students receive some type of financial aid. The College of Charleston is committed to recruiting the most academically qualified students regardless of their financial circumstances. More than 210 students received scholarship support last year through the College of Charleston Fund which allowed them to focus more on academics and rely less on part-time work and loans.
- Tuition only covers roughly half of the actual cost of educating a College of Charleston student. The support that the College of Charleston Fund provides each year is one of the primary philanthropic sources bridging the gap between what tuition provides and the College’s total operating budget
- Annual giving results in a substantial immediate impact on campus. Consider, the annual economic impact from the College of Charleston Fund is equivalent to an additional $26 million in the College’s endowment.
Now is our time »
At the request of our Chapter Leaders across the globe, we are implementing the first ever College of Charleston Alumni Chapter Challenge. This Challenge will encourage our alumni to STAY INFORMED, GET INVOLVED, and GIVE BACK and will keep record of the various ways you are doing so.
Get involved in the challenge today »
Celebrating a Reunion?
For the sixth year in a row, our reunion classes are in direct competition with one another! Bragging rights will go to the classes that raise the most amount of money and has the highest percentage of their classmates giving an annual gift to the College of Charleston Fund. Those who make a donation will be honored with an upgraded A Charleston Affair ticket which provides reunion donors access to a VIP area inclusive of your own bar, restrooms and food!
Find out more about your reunion celebration today »
Follow the Journey of a CofC Fund/ Parents' Fund Scholar
When you donate to the College of Charleston Fund or Parents’ Fund, you can follow the journey of a scholarship recipient, and gain a deeper understanding of the transformative impact of your gift. Donors with a commitment of $10,000 or more are eligible to participate in this new program.
Through the College of Charleston Fund or Parents’ Fund Scholar Program, eligible donors will be paired with a current student who receives support from the College of Charleston Fund or Parents’ Fund. The program enables donors to see their scholarship in action, and discover how their scholarship is shaping both the college experience and the future of the student recipient. How It works
- Make a commitment of $10,000 or more to the CofC Fund /Parents’ Fund
- We’ll pair you with an outstanding CofC Fund/Parents’ Fund Scholar
- You’ll receive an Impact Report, as well as a message from your student
- We’ll help to facilitate a meeting with your student (or via video, if preferred)
For more information, please contact Jenny Alstad ‘07 at 843.953.5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in Creating or Supporting an Alumni Scholarship?
Support an existing Alumni scholarship
The Alumni Association has proudly offered scholarships since 1961. Some of our scholarships are open only to children and relatives of alumni, but others are open to all students. Support alumni scholarships by donating online today »
Create a new scholarship
Many of our alumni choose to give back by creating scholarships because they themselves were a recipient of a scholarship. There are two ways to create a scholarship »